GDPR 2016/679 Statement
Addvance IT Limited is a leading provider of EPoS, Stock and Cash Management products and services.
Addvance IT Limited is a “Data Processor” processing Personal Data in compliance with Articles 28 and 29 of GDPR 2016/679.
This Statement describes how personal data must be collected, handled and stored to meet Addvance IT Limited’s data protection standards and in compliance with GDPR 2016/679.
Statement of Intent
This data protection statement ensures Addvance IT Limited;
- Complies with GDPR 2016/679 and industry good practice
- Protects the rights of those individuals
- Is transparent about how it stores and processes personal data
- Protects itself from the risks of a data breach
Addvance IT Limited processes personal data in accordance with Article 5 of GDPR (2016/679)
1. Personal data shall be:
- (a) processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to the data subject ('lawfulness, fairness and transparency');
- (b) collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes;
further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall,
in accordance with Article 89(1), not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes ('purpose limitation');
- (c) adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed ('data minimisation');
- (d) accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate,
having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay ('accuracy');
- (e) kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed;
personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest,
scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes in accordance with Article 89(1) subject to implementation of the appropriate technical
and organisational measures required by this Regulation in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the data subject ('storage limitation');
- (f) processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing
and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
2. The controller shall be responsible for, and be able to demonstrate compliance with, paragraph 1 ('accountability').
Addvance IT Limited acts in accordance with Article 32 of GDPR 2016/679.
Addvance IT Limited uses a Tier 1 Data Host provider; https://aws.amazon.com/
Further information regarding AWS GDPR can be found here:
Addvance IT Limited does not transfer European Data outside the European Economic Area
Addvance IT Limited has appointed a Data Protection Officer, who performs his/her duties in compliance with Articles 38 and 39 of GDPR 2016/679.
Data Breach Notification
Addvance IT Limited acts in accordance with Article 33 of GDPR 2016/679.
Addvance IT Limited acts in accordance with Article 15 of GDPR 2016/679.
Access requests must be made via a Subject Access Request.
A Subject Access Request from a “Service/Product User” MUST be made formally via the Account Administrator (Data Controller).
Contact the Account Administrator direct for further details.
A Subject Access Request will be responded to within 30 days of receipt of the request.
Please note that data will not be released without;
- 1. formal instruction from the Account Administrator (Data Controller)
- 2. identity validation of the Data Subject
For further information regarding Addvance IT Limited and GDPR 2016/679 email: firstname.lastname@example.org